Re: AW: Addison-Wesley looking for authors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Sawtell
Subject Re: AW: Addison-Wesley looking for authors
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:04, Jens Hartwig wrote:
> Hello all, hello Bruce,
>
> first of all I want to say, that Bruces Book was very well done in my
> opinion!

I think we all concur with that opinion.

> To answer the question, I already began writing a book about PostgreSQL
> for Addison Wesley in Germany. It will be released in autumn this year
> in german language.

> Perhaps it could be translated by Addison Wesley Corp.?

Please could you encourage them to do this, or perhaps do it yourself?
You seem to have a good knowledge of English.

> My book does not try to compete with Bruces book (I wouldnt dare to do
> ;->), it rather does complete the theme while it will contain many, many
> examples from real life (besides many small examples, the whole book is
> accompanied by one constantly growing example)

That is the way to do it.
For me anyway, disjointed snippets of code are horrible.

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME       Christopher Sawtell
 CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
 ICQ UIN    45863470
 EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
 CNOTES     ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

 -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me
<<--