Postgres eats up memory when using cursors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Perchine
Subject Postgres eats up memory when using cursors
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I would like to bring subj to your attention again.
The problem is the following:
I need to have cursor opened for a long time.
I declare a cursor on the table of approx. 1 million rows.
And start fetching data by 1000 rows at each fetch.
Data processing can take quite a long time (3-4 days)
Theoretically postgres process should remain the same in size.
But it grows... In the end of 3rd day it becames 256Mb large!!!!
And this is REAL problem.

Also I would like to mention that this problem was raised by other person
also.

I would like to hear any comments on this issue.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com