Re: pg_dumpall -> fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: pg_dumpall -> fails
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2001 10:43 schrieb will trillich:
> so i've got my data recovered (thanks to oliver) and now
> i wanna back it up with a pg_dumpall...
>
> instead, i get 'failed sanity check, type with oid 779927 was no
> found' in the oddest places...

I'm just guessing, but it is possible that you're using different versions of
pg_dump and postmaster? I had a similar problem when I had an old 7.0 binary
lying around in /usr/bin/ when trying to dump a 7.1 database.

 Mario Weilguni                               KPNQwest Austria GmbH
 Senior Engineer Web Solutions                         Nikolaiplatz 4
 tel: +43-316-813824                                8020 graz, austria
 fax: +43-316-813824-26                    http://www.kpnqwest.at
 e-mail: mario.weilguni@kpnqwest.com