best practice to avoid table bloat? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anibal David Acosta
Subject best practice to avoid table bloat?
Date
Re: best practice to avoid table bloat?  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
List pgsql-performance

Hi,

if I have a table that daily at night is deleted about 8 millions of rows (table maybe has 9 millions) is recommended to do a vacuum analyze after delete completes or can I leave this job to autovacuum?

This table is very active during the day but less active during night

I think that the only only thing where Postgres is weak, is in this area (table and index bloat).

For some reason for the same amount of data every day postgres consume a little more.

Thanks!