Re: [GENERAL] xmlelement AND timestamps. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lynn Dobbs
Subject Re: [GENERAL] xmlelement AND timestamps.
Date
List pgsql-general

Well, I couldn't reproduce allowing infinite timestamps in 9.2.4 either.

While fixing some other minor issues that came up in the migration to 9.6.1, I copied a replaced good functions with bad ones.

The good functions called another function when putting my starting,ending columns in xml.  That function dates the timestamp or date and formats it and converts to text.

The documentation does say, "The particular behavior for individual data types is expected to evolve in order to align the SQL and PostgreSQL data types with the XML Schema specification, ...."  I didn't go chasing that down.  My bad.

My bad functions were written using the xml2 extension that treated the xml as text rather than "real" xml.

Lynn Dobbs
Chief Technical Office
CreditLink Corporation
858-496-1000 x 103