Re: [INTERFACES] ConnectionPoolDataSource (JDBC) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ConnectionPoolDataSource (JDBC)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

Whats the status/go with stream support for JDBC?

My questions are will the backend allow
it (using JDBC, not native) and would it
be too hard to point the stream support
at the large object API?

i.e. anything that's a setBinaryStream()
or whatnot just serializes the object.

Also, whats involved with getting a
LO reaping mechanism permanently in place?
I'm doing some stuff with Java objects
at the moment and LO reaping and the
stream support strike me as pretty
necessary.