Re: Trouble with wxWindows (XRC and STC linking problem) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Re: Trouble with wxWindows (XRC and STC linking problem)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
To: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko.Prenosil@finteh.hr>;
<pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Trouble with wxWindows (XRC and STC linking
problem)

>What were the changes to configure that you made?

Attached is changed acinclude.m4. It is really tested only on
"libwx_mswud-2.5", but I think it should work for other builds too. Maybe it
is a god idea to put this on revision to someone who REALLY knows autoconf
and automake.

>Please try the wxWindows 2.5 tarball from
>http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots. We need 2.5 for the Unicode support,
>but the wxWindows CVS code was a bit iffy last time we looked (I think
>they're shifting it all around) so we've stick with this version that
>we've nbeen patching as required.

I'll try this snapshot, but I do not think this will solve anything. I am
suspecting MinGW makefiles for XRC and STC. I think that this is an old
problem (since 2.4), and it is big question if it ever worked for MinGW. Do
You know anyone to ask about this ? I just wish if wxWindows developers had
someone like Tom , Bruce, Jan and few others (my questions on pgsql group
were  newer ignored - no matter how stupid they were !).
I forget to show linker commands that the new acinclude produces,
maybe someone can get some conclusion from it:

g++ -DDATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/\" -Wall -g -I../src/inc
lude -I -g -O2  -L/d/mingw/lib -o pgadmin3.exe  pgAdmin3.o pgConn.o pgSet.o
pgAggregate.o pgCast.o pgCheck.o pgCollection.o pgColumn.o pgConstraints.o
pgConversion.o pgDatabase.o pgDomain.o pgForeignKey.o pgFunction.o pgGroup.o
pgIndex.o
pgIndexConstraint.o pgLanguage.o pgObject.o pgOperator.o pgOperatorClass.o
pgRule.o pgSchema.o pgSequence.o pgServer.o pgTable.o pgTrigger.o pgType.o
pgUser.o pgView.o pgDatatype.o ctlSQLBox.o ctlSQLResult.o frmExport.o
dlgAddTableView.o events.o frmAbout.o frmChildTableViewFrame.o frmConnect.o
frmMain.o frmOptions.o frmPassword.o frmQuery.o frmQueryBuilder.o frmHelp.o
frmQBJoin.o frmSplash.o frmVacuum.o frmEditGrid.o dlgProperty.o dlgUser.o
dlgGroup.o dlgDatabase.o dlgLanguage.o dlgSchema.o dlgDomain.o dlgTable.o
dlgColumn.o dlgIndex.o dlgFunction.o dlgView.o dlgRule.o dlgOperator.o
dlgAggregate.o
dlgCast.o dlgConversion.o dlgIndexConstraint.o dlgForeignKey.o dlgSequence.o
dlgTrigger.o dlgType.o dlgCheck.o frmStatus.o misc.o sysLogger.o
sysSettings.o
-L/d/mingw/lib  -mthreads   /d/mingw/lib/libwx_mswud-2.5.a
/d/mingw/lib/libpq.a
/d/mingw/lib/libwxregexd.a -lpng -ljpeg -ltiff -lz -lrpcrt4 -loleaut32 -lole
32 -luuid -lwinspool
-lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lcomdlg32 -lctl3d32 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lgdi
32  -lwx_mswud_stc-2.5 -lwx_mswud_xrc-2.5

However, I'll let You know compile results for this snapshot.

Regards !

Attachment