Re: Crappy performance even though not swapping - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Phillip Smith
Subject Re: Crappy performance even though not swapping
Date
List pgsql-novice
Increasing the RAM could help - I'm not that well versed on it.

I have a Dual Xeon 3.2g server with 2gb RAM and these are my settings:
    shared_buffers = 32000
    work_mem = 65536
    maintenance_work_mem = 65536
    max_fsm_pages = 204800
Everything else is default. Works well for me so far (since Christmas day at
least!)

I also have to increase MAXSHM in Linux:
    echo 1024000000 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

By the way, I'm getting these email MTA errors sending to you:
    <neil@JAMMConsulting.com>:
    38.114.192.85 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <neil@JAMMConsulting.com>...
218-214-212-    153.people.net.au has been blocked. Waiting on response from
abuse contact. Please see http://www.spammilter.com/policies.shtml
    Giving up on 38.114.192.85.