Re: Autologin problem - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: Autologin problem
Date
List pgsql-php
You shouldn't post to multiple lists at one time.  It is rude for very many
reasons.

This is the line I use to start postgres from rc.local (watch the word
wrap).  Password is irrelevant.  If I understand correctly, root is what
runs the rc.local and root never needs a password to su to another user.
Log in as root and su to a user.  You'll see.  Very possible your comand is
failing for other reasons.

# Start Postgresql
su -l <username for which postgres runs under> -c "<location of
postmaster> -i -D <postgres data directory> >> <path to postgres log file>
2>>1 &"

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company