Re: read this and puke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Watkins
Subject Re: read this and puke
Date
List pgsql-general
The other thing I'd say is, making the debate MySQL vs PostgreSQL is picking
a battle on 2 fronts.

It would be better to present a unified front of options from OSS for
database needs. Have a dead simple info store, something that needs to back
something simplistic that is predominately read only? Go MySQL. Have a true
application with complex business rules, PosgreSQL will get you there.

I think this is the way most people end up viewing them. Even tho I consider
PostgreSQL fast enough for even simple needs.

And of course, getting replication and fallover going would really
strengthen Postgre's case. I feel bad saying that without being able to
contrib code tho.