Re: Recovery of PGSQL after system crash failing!!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim Mikheev
Subject Re: Recovery of PGSQL after system crash failing!!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > #2  0x20dc71 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6
> > #3  0x8080495 in XLogFileOpen ()
>
> Hm.  Evidently it's failing to open the xlog file, but the code is set
> up in such a way that it dies before telling you why :-(  Take a look
> at XLogFileOpen in src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c and tweak the code
> to tell you the path and errno it's failing on before it abort()s.

I don't remember why there is abort() in XLogFileOpen just before
appropriate elog(STOP) there - I'll remove it in few moments, - but
it's already obvious why open failed: there is no file with checkpoint
record pointed by pg_control - data/pg_xlog/000000000000002F.
So, the question is who removed this file - PG or Linux?
Ryan, do you have postmaster' log before crash (where MoveOfflineLogs
reports WAL files to be deleted) and/or some logs from Linux' startup?
And meanwhile I'll take a look arround MoveOfflineLogs...

Vadim