Re: [pgjdbc] chore: migrate the build to Maven (#322) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus KARG
Subject Re: [pgjdbc] chore: migrate the build to Maven (#322)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

If the ANT build uses a properties file to adapt the build to the needs of the local user, we can copy that behaviour in Maven using the exact same file, see this Stack Overflow posting: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7144620/reading-properties-file-from-maven-pom-file.

From: Vladimir Sitnikov [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Samstag, 20. Juni 2015 15:18
To: pgjdbc/pgjdbc
Cc: Markus KARG
Subject: Re: [pgjdbc] chore: migrate the build to Maven (#322)

Yes, IMO changing the coords is a non-starter this would affect many
automated builds,

I completely forgot the pgjdbc already has maven coordinates. Shame on me.

Build properties are within pom.xml so additional files not really needed now.

In fact, the name of the database I use for testing does not match test/test/test pattern. It was somewhat useful for me to have my local values in the build.local.properties, so I do not have to provide the exact values each time.

It needs to be confirmed as working but @davecramer already has a process for existing build.

Sure. Committers should pick a way of publishing that will work for them the best.