Re: Error: Input string was not in a correct format - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rommel the iCeMAn
Subject Re: Error: Input string was not in a correct format
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Michael & Tom,

First of all, thanks to Michael for your response. I did enable logging of
SQL queries but still I could find no SQL statements in the logs. This led
me to believe it was a client-side error. Then I saw the response from Tom
which confirmed what I was thinking, so my second set of thank-you's goes
out to Tom.

I declared a function as follows: test_func(integer, character varying,
integer, character varying). I used Visual Studio's Server Explorer to view
the function and it showed up as test_func(integer, integer, character
varying, character varying). The problem is that Server Explorer groups
parameters together according to data type. If you follow the function
declaration according to Server Explorer, you will end up with mismatched
parameters. If you follow the function declaration according to pgAdmin,
your code will work. From now on, at least until the problem in .NET is
fixed, I will be using pgAdmin to view my functions instead of Visual
Studio's Server Explorer.

FYI, I am using CoreLab's PostgreSQL.NET drivers, I've reported the issue to
them as well. At the time I didn't know if it was an issue with the .NET
drivers or with PostgreSQL so I reported my findings to this forum as well
as theirs.

Ok then, that's a mouthful, thanks again guys for the help.

Rommel Edwards,
Barbados, (sunny) Caribbean.