Re: where's the reference to a view, here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: where's the reference to a view, here?
Date
List pgsql-general
From: "will trillich" <will@serensoft.com>

> inv=# update _invitem set descr=
> inv-# substring(descr from 1 for position('==' in
descr)-1)||'--'||substring(descr from position('==' in descr)+2)
> inv-# where descr like '%==%';
> ERROR:  system column oid not available - inv is a view

This query isn't in a function is it? I've seen all sorts of weirdness if I
drop & recreate tables/views that compiled functions depend on.

[snip]

> inv=# \d inv
>                  View "inv"
>  Attribute |         Type         | Modifier
[snip]
>  amt       | numeric(65535,65531) |

Is this large a numeric deliberate, or has something got mangled here?

- Richard Huxton