"Tuple is too big" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject "Tuple is too big"
Date
List pgsql-general
   After moving a database to a new machine, I tried a vaccum analyze, and
get "ERROR:  Tuple is too big: size 8180, max size 8140".

  I know that there's a limit on the tuple size and all of that - my
question is:  How do I fix it?  Vaccum analyze barfs, as does trying "\d
table name".  I tried it on both machines, and the same thing.

  I suppose that I could write a parser to go through the pg_dump and find
offending fields, but I'm hoping that there's a way for PostgreSQL to fix
it.  If there isn't a way for it to fix data that it's created, that's
scary. : )  It is postgresql 6.5.3.

steve