Want to run PostgreSQL on new associative memory technology - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melchior, Tim
Subject Want to run PostgreSQL on new associative memory technology
Date
List pgsql-general
My name is Tim Melchior.  I am an engineer at UTMC Microelectronic Systems.  I am considering modifying PostgreSQL to
exploita new hardware technology that we have developed.  I would appreciate any information or suggestions anyone
couldgive me.  I am particularly interested in contract/consulting resources that anyone might be able to suggest.

My objective is to bring to market a new paradigm breaking associative memory technology which UTMC Microelectronic
Systemshas developed.  With simple cursor operations, we have benchmarked our hardware at 6000 times faster than
MicrosoftSQL Server.  What we lack is the ODBC and SQL interfaces to this hardware.

Our e.Card Distributed Query Processor is a PCI card which employs two of our content addressable memory engine ICs
(originallydeveloped for telecom routers) and a fully programmable 64 bit MIPS processor.  The resulting product is
essentiallya database kernel that performs at router speed.  I believe that this product has enormous potential for
highperformance database applications.  Each card can store up to 2 gigabytes of memory.  (see http:www.utmc.com/ecard/
formore information)

Any suggestions that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim Melchior
Sr. Principal Engineer
UTMC Microelectronic Systems