Re: [GENERAL] VIEWs and FOREIGN keys - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Subject Re: [GENERAL] VIEWs and FOREIGN keys
Date
List pgsql-sql
I would just like to elaborate, and clarify if my understanding is correct:

The implication of below is that you need a trigger in the foreign key
target table on the DELETE event, so the foreign key table only lets you
delete a row if there are no other tables refering to the key you want to
delete.

Views cannot have triggers, hence cannot have a DELETE trigger, therefore
that is why the view cannot be a foreign key target table.

Terry Fielder
Network Engineer
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry@greatgulfhomes.com