maximum parameters limit to function & manipulating array in plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Advid@newgen
Subject maximum parameters limit to function & manipulating array in plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have 2 major problems bothering me and probably u are the best person to help me out :-

1)
Well I read one of ur solutions to sending more tham 16 parameters to a function in plpgsql. I have changed the value of FUNC_MAX_ARGS (a/k/a INDEX_MAX_KEYS) in \usr\local\plpgsql\include\config.h after stoping the postmaster service.
 On restarting the service after having changed config.h I am atill experiencing the same problem. What should I do now?

2)
Secondly I am trying to use arrays as below :

create function ftest(integer[]) returns integer[] as'
declare
n $1%type;
begin
    .
    n:={1,12,11};
    return n;
end;
'language 'plpgsql';

If I declare n as integer[3] it gives a compilation error. So I tried it as above. Can I do any array manipulations at all in plpgsql like assigning,copying etc values in to other arrays in plpgsql. If so how ??

Do help me out since I have got stuck with both these problems.

Regards,
Advid
Newgen Software Tech