Re: create BLOB question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chris Smith
Subject Re: create BLOB question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind quoted:
> The bytea data type is not well suited
> for storing very large amounts of binary data. While a column of type
> bytea can hold up to 1 GB of binary data, it would require a huge amount
> of memory (RAM) to process such a large value.

Is this referring to the JDBC driver, or the database back end?  I have
implemented a fix for this in the JDBC driver, but was wondering if the back
end is going to be okay with it... anyone know if the entire data gets held
in RAM at once in the database process itself?

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation