create BLOB question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jeremiah Jahn
Subject create BLOB question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
does some9one out there know how to create a new oid from scratch.
setBytes on 7.2 worked fine for me, but with the change to 7.3 I can't
seem to get a new oid number. I want to avoid any postgres specific
stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but It seems to me that the setBytes
goes with the bytea stuff and the BLOB stuff goes with the oid stuff. I
just can't seem to figure out how to insert a new oid/BLOB.

any help would be great,
thanx
-jj-
--
Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.

Attachment