Re: [HACKERS] URGENT - "CANNOT EXTEND" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim Perdue
Subject Re: [HACKERS] URGENT - "CANNOT EXTEND"
Date
List pgsql-sql
Unfortunately, I'm not able to complete a dump...

I wonder if I'm totally out of luck here? I do have a dump from this
morning, but god I'd hate to lose an entire day's email....

I hope someone can help me find this patch. I checked the FTP site and found
only a "feature patch" that adds "select... limit" to the SQL syntax.

This is really a bummer and is very distressing!

Tim

[tim@db debian]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump db_domain >
/fireball/pg_dumps/db_
domain.dump
pqWait() -- connection not open
PQendcopy: resetting connection
SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'tbl_mail_archive' did not execute
corre
ctly.  After we read all the table contents from the backend, PQendcopy()
failed
.  Explanation from backend: 'pqWait() -- connection not open
'.
The query was: 'COPY "tbl_mail_archive" TO stdout;
'.