Please help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mihai Gheorghiu
Subject Please help
Date
List pgsql-general
Last night postmaster crashed while running a lengthy querry.
The message I found was that a log file grew too big.
Postmaster was down. I tried to restart it , but it would not. I restarted
the system, but it would not start either.
Manual start with a log file:
FATAL 1:  configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions
I checked and all files in /var/lib/pgsql/data have 777 !!!
I changed permissions of postgresql.conf to 600 and the new message I get
is:
DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-10-17 18:56:30 EDT
DEBUG:  open(logfile 19 seg 73) failed: No such file or directory
DEBUG:  Invalid primary checkPoint record
DEBUG:  open(logfile 19 seg 73) failed: No such file or directory
DEBUG:  Invalid secondary checkPoint record
FATAL 2:  Unable to locate a valid CheckPoint record
/usr/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 1221 exited with status 512 - abort
What can I do?
Thank you all.