Re: Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sue Lane
Subject Re: Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Susan Lane" <suel@dpn.com> writes:
> > I ran the script and after it told me that it was creating my sequences,
it
> > said "Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect".
>
>That wouldn't
> affect Postgres, however, especially considering that ora2pl never
> contacts the Postgres database at all.  (AFAICT, it just writes a script
> file that you are supposed to feed to Postgres afterwards.  Did you
> actually do so?)

No, I didn't run the script - It did build my CREATE SEQUENCE statements,
but that's it.
However, the script has an option to get your data too....I was using that
option.  Maybe that's the part that went wrong.

> > Now when I go
> > into psql, any command I try (even /?) gives me a segmentation fault.
>
> *Any* command?  That's hard to believe.  What different commands have you
> tried?  There was a bug in a recent psql version (7.1.1 I believe) that
> would make it dump core after certain single-letter backslash commands,
> but I can't tell if that's what your problem is.

Well, that's the version of psql that I have, but these commands used to
work before.  I've tried more than just the single letter backslash
commands....for example I tried:
select * from pg_database
and still got a core dump.