Re: What is wrong with this identification configuration? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wei Weng
Subject Re: What is wrong with this identification configuration?
Date
List pgsql-sql
<SNIP>
> The format of the hba.conf file changed between 7.1 and 7.2. It looks like
> you are using an old one. After the database field, there is now a user
> field. To get the same effect as before, use 'all' for the user.
I installed PostgreSQL rpm on a fresh installed Redhat 7.3. There is no
PostgreSQL 7.1 previously installed so I don't think the pg_hba.conf I was
editing is a left-over copy.

Specifically, which part of the configuration:

local   all                                             trust
host    all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255         trust

is wrong and should be fixed accordingly?

Thanks

Wei