RE: psql \l error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: psql \l error
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Yes I know the reason. It's only a example that changes of system
catalogs affects not only a backend application but also client libraries.

Unfortunately I don't know the dependency between backend and
clients well. In addtion current release style of PostgreSQL that
releases both server and clients all together seems to let people
forget the independecy of clients.

In general client libraries/applications have to keep backward
compatibility as possible,so it isn't enough for clients to be able to
talk to the latest version of PostgreSQL servers.

Comments ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp