Re: Why Not MySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Why Not MySQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > If I can't get my questions answered about case sensitivity issues here
> > (no help so far) I will most likely to use it myself.

My recollection is that it involved needing non-standard
case-insensitive LIKE comparisons to get transparent behavior with an
existing M$ Access app. So far, we were too polite to ask why one is
working so hard to maintain compatibility with a non-standard
interface, rather than writing the app to be portable. But I'll ask
now. Tim?
                    - Thomas

btw, it seems to be the case that problems such as these, which might
be interesting  during slow times (from a theoretical standpoint at
least), are decidely less so during the final stages of a release
cycle.

South Pasadena, California