Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

From: Greg Quinn
Subject: Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Date: ,
Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure")
Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Christopher Kings-Lynne)
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Ruben Rubio Rey, )
   Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Chris, )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (PFC, )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Greg Quinn", )
  Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Dave Dutcher", )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Antoine, )
  Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Magnus Hagander", )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  (Antoine, )
   Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb  ("Merlin Moncure", )

> how many rows does it return ? a few, or a lot ?

3000 Rows - 7 seconds - very slow

Which client library may have a problem? I am using OleDb, though haven't
tried the .NET connector yet.

Network configuration?? I am running it off my home PC with no network. It
is P4 2.4 with 1 Gig Ram. Windows XP