Re: place for newbie postgresql hackers to work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Buchanan
Subject Re: place for newbie postgresql hackers to work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
PostgreSQL Hackers,

I would like to ask, where can newbie hackers (apprentices) be of use in the
pgsql project?

Thanks Bruce for that work you did showing the TCP/IP diagramme, etc... I
did learn something! Now, the task of self learning from there. For the
server, how to learn the format of PGSQL files? How is data stored? How is
it retrieved so darn quickly? How are index files constructed? So much
glorious knowledge to be had. Source code: start with [...................]
C code file and branch out from there. Please fill in the blanks for me? I
need the start to discover for myself. Learning how to fish is better than
being handed a fish.

With Thanks,
James