Re: Re: [SQL] behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Re: [SQL] behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Does Access only talk to Postgres via ODBC?  (Seems plausible, but I
> don't know.)
Yes.
What about people copying-and-pasting queries generated
> by Access; is it even possible?

Yes, but MS Access uses some much non-standard SQL that "= Null" would
hardly be the only problem (try to build an UPDATE ... FROM in Access)

> I doubt that this'd really help much, in any case; it merely moves
> the
> necessary switch from the backend to ODBC.

Yes, but it does avoid cluttering up the PgSQL source with switches that
are only useful to a handful of users.

-Josh