ODBC driver fails to change float/numeric fields - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Alex Drobyish
Subject ODBC driver fails to change float/numeric fields
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Problem description: both MS Access and Borland SQL Explorer consistently
return different and strange errors when attempting to edit fields with
floating point type.

ODBC driver version: 6.50.0000

Postgresql database version: 7.0.2

Error messages seen on the screen:  "Error while executing the query; ERROR:
Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'  You
will have to retype this query using an explicit cast"

The commlog (psqlodbc.log) file is attached.

The odbc trace log (sql.log) file is over 500K, tell me if it is needed.

Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed to this list.

Alex Drobysh