Error with ASP... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Lawren Benoit
Subject Error with ASP...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,
I hope you can shed some light on my situation, perhaps.  It's probably a simple thing I'm missing, but either way any help is really appreciated!

I am running a system with this configuration:
P-III 450, Win98, 64mb RAM
MS. Personal Web Server
PostgreSQL 6.4 installed.

Using Access, I was able to successfully link to an external db table and view it in Access through the PostgreSQL driver through ODBC.  Now, I'd like to connect to this same database through ODBC in ASP 2.0 (VBScript) and pull a recordset out of it.

Using the standard Connection object setup (and also several different variations, trust me)...

Dim Conn
Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn.Open "DSN=DSNNameInODBC;UID=;PWD"

... I always get this error message from the web server (quoting the 3rd line there as the source of the problem):

ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'
ADO could not find the specified provider.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?  Should I provide a provider name?  Driver name?  Use a DSN-less connection string?  Is there anything special that I need to add to the connection string to make this connect in ASP?

Thanks again for any help you can provide,

Lawren