[Fwd: PostgreSQL Help] - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject [Fwd: PostgreSQL Help]
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
 Dear Byron,

I am using Java with JDBC (from a PC using VisualCafe Database Edition)
to run an application using PostgreSQL 6.2.1 (on a Sparc).  Everything
is running fine except for a string problem. The Postmaster says (when
"ERROR: MultiByte strings (MB) must be enabled to use this function"

The DOS prompt (where the Visual Cafe development environment runs an
Applet) tells me:
"The maximum width size for column 3 is: 17"

And this is for a varchar(43) field.  When I enter a string into the
column from my Java text field I get the diagnostic:
"Invalid value for the column: product_name"

I figure that all I have to do is enable MB but I can't find it.  If you
have not encountered this problem before, do you know of a user group
where I can post a question.

Sincerely,

Allan in Belgique

Allan@ppc.pims.org