Re: Extension of Thick Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shrish Purohit
Subject Re: Extension of Thick Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

We are extending Gokul's Thick index functionality.
I am attaching design doc and patch here with it.

Thick index improvements
1. Fix existing defects
2. Extend thick index usage for group by, count, nested queries, and
"delete/update with join" queries.
3. Improve cost estimates

Pending Features
1. Expression based thick index.
2. Support for Or conditions.
3. Optimization for update/delete queries.

Details can be found in design doc. We are using anoncvs checkout dated 1
dec 08. Please take a look at it.

Thanks,
Shrish Purohit | Software Engineer | Persistent Systems
shrish_purohit@persistent.co.in  | Cell: +91 98509 59940 | Tel: +91 (20)
3023 4493
Innovation in software product design, development and delivery-
www.persistentsys.com