Problem with initdb failing - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Paul R. Sand
Subject Problem with initdb failing
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

I have the following problem:

I get the error : IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget … when I run initdb

I do have cygipc installed and have ipc-daemon running (verified via ps)

Incidentally, I had postgres working with cygwin late yesterday before calling it a day.  Is there something that maybe was not cleaned up when I shut down?  I have removed the files /tmp/cygipc*, /tmp/MultiFile* and $PGDATA/postmaster.pid to try and get going. Nothing seems to work.

What could be I be doing wrong?

Paul R. Sand

mVerify Corporation

350 N. Orleans, Suite 950