Re: open pgsql files (was Re: [GENERAL] Mime-Version: 1.0) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Spiteri
Subject Re: open pgsql files (was Re: [GENERAL] Mime-Version: 1.0)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Even after extending the number of file descriptors on the kernel quite
significantly I still get the occasional crash due to too many open files. I
would say that the current ploicy is too aggressive uder heavy loads.

Regards
Lincoln

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, pgman@candle.pha.pa.us wrote:

> This actually brings up a good point.  We currently cache all
> descriptors up to the limit the OS will allow for a process.
>
> Is this too aggressive?  Should we limit it to 50% of the maximum?
>

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

Lincoln Spiteri

Manufacturing Systems