Re: Problem with initdb failing - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Paul R. Sand
Subject Re: Problem with initdb failing
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

Thanks for giving me some direction.  The error was indeed:
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(...) failed: Function not implemented

I have run cygcheck as recommended, see log below after I reinstalled cygipc
and postgresql with cygwin's setup... Now I get a problem when starting
postmaster ...

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ cygcheck -c cygwin cygipc postgresql
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygipc               2.01-2         OK
cygwin               1.5.5-1        Incomplete
postgresql           7.3.4-2        OK

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ ipc-daemon2 &
[1] 2704

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ initdb -D /usr/AMATE/data6
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"paul_sand".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/AMATE/data6... ok
creating directory /usr/AMATE/data6/base... ok
creating directory /usr/AMATE/data6/global... ok
creating directory /usr/AMATE/data6/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/AMATE/data6/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/AMATE/data6/base/1... ok
creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow... ok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables... ok
initializing pg_depend... ok
creating system views... ok
creating conversions... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects... ok
vacuuming database template1... ok
copying template1 to template0... ok

Success. You can now start the database server using:

    /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/AMATE/data6
or
    /usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/AMATE/data6 -l logfile start

[1]+  Done                    ipc-daemon2

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
[...]

[1] 1836

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-10-31 09:34:21 CST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/83B238
LOG:  redo record is at 0/83B238; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 1668) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 2980) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 3208) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 2108) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 696) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 856) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 536) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 2844) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 1408) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 1680) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  PGSTATBUFF: recvfrom() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
LOG:  statistics collector process (pid 2860) exited with exit code 1

Regards,

Paul