RE: HTTP authentication - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Christian Marschalek
Subject RE: HTTP authentication
Date
Re: HTTP authentication  (Roberto Mello <rmello@cc.usu.edu>)
List pgsql-php

I don't think the project needs to be THAT secure. But anyway, the SSL
stuff only secures my connection. I'd still need a way to control access
to my system, wouldn't I?

> Otherwise, you can reasonably use
> either the http auth stuff, which is probably the best approach,
> especially for a site that's got any kind of heavy usage or
> something based on PHP sessions.  However be forewarned that
> the sessions stuff isn't exactly the most efficient and fast.

(either?:)

Well PHP auth and sessions is probably the right aproach. Which one
would be more efficient or faster?

Thanks and greetings Chris