RE: [HACKERS] Reproducible vacuum complaint! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Reproducible vacuum complaint!
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hmm,if "select * .." runs in SERIALIZABLE isolation level,the transaction
would see an old "msg_id=42" tuple(not new one). So vacuum doesn't
vanish the old "msg_id=42" tuple. Vacuum takes all running transactions
into account. But AFAIK,there's no other such stuff.
CREATE INDEX may be another one which should take all running
transactions into account.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp