Re: Comments on subquery performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joel Fradkin
Subject Re: Comments on subquery performance
Date
List pgsql-sql
Yea we examined it here as a group as we are facing the same kind of stuff
and found exactly the same thing.
It does what MSSQL called a Cartesian join, and ran no faster other then
removing the outer join logic.

Using a regular join statement and only inner joins was the same speed and I
think little less confusing when you have several joins as our system does.

We may have to look at re-engineering our system as the original design has
dozens of table whith a field set like ID, Value to hold stuff like
apprehension type, jobtitle etc. So we hold a main record with dozens of
id's (and joins when reporting).

Joel Fradkin