Developing a forms based web application - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Steve McAllister
Subject Developing a forms based web application
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on how to best create a web enabled forms based application. If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

I have an MS Access forms application that now sports a Postgres database at the back end running under RedHat 8.0. I would like to redevelop the Access form to web enable it. I have played around with Perl and PHP and although I’m sure I could rewrite the application in either of these languages doing so looks a little tedious.

Maybe I should be looking at OpenAcs, AOLserver and Postgres. But, then maybe I’m on the wrong track altogether. Is there some sort of forms based web application? I have seen one called DBForms, however, it appears to be based on server side Java. I would prefer to stay away from Java if I can.

Does anybody have any advice for me, please?

Steve McAllister

Outsourcing Solutions Consultant

Phone: 61 3 9631 1714

Mobile 61 414 311 677