Re: SQL Server performing much better?!?! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Cabanero
Subject Re: SQL Server performing much better?!?!
Date
List pgsql-general
Good point, here's the info I should've also provided:

- 7.2, installed from the source.
- Solaris 2.6
- Only compilation option changed was --prefix to install to a different
directory
- all config settings were left at default, but i also experimented with
upping sort_mem but that's it.
- to start all i do is use this command:
    postmaster -i -S -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >& /usr/var/log/pgsql.log

That's pretty much it, obviously nothing to fancy.

Again, any help would be incredibly appreciated.  Right now I've got the
small company I work for that used to be completely a Micro$oft shop totally
sold on unix and more importantly open-source, but this performance problem
sure isn't helping my little "campaign."  ;-)

Thanks,
Christian