Re: SQL Server performing much better?!?! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: SQL Server performing much better?!?!
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 01:50, Christian Cabanero wrote:
> Good point, here's the info I should've also provided:
> [snip]

I don't think many people on the list are MS SQL experts -- IMO, the
best we can do is concentrate on improving PostgreSQL performance.

To that end, can you tell us:

(1) the query that is slow in Postgres but fast in MS SQL

(2) the definition of any tables, indexes, views, etc used by the query
in #1.

(3) the output of EXPLAIN for the query in #1.

Also, have you run VACUUM ANALYZE?

Cheers,

Neil

--