accessing large object from different computer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jokerman
Subject accessing large object from different computer
Date
List pgsql-general
hi..

i'm a newbie in postgresql and have some problem when accessing large object
(image) in postgresql from different computer.
for inserting the image into the database, i copy the image into the memory,
then querying it into the database. and it work.
i also check it with the '\lo_export' command from the psql, and it produce
a file with the same size just like the original image.
but i cannot load the image from the database into my application.
using the packet monitor program (trafshow), the query only return a small
size result.
when trying to query the image using psql using 'SELECT MY_IMAGE FROM
MY_TABLE WHERE condition', 'MY_IMAGE' field return some integer, and i think
this called by oid (cmiiw).

what method should i do to make the result of the query is returning data of
the image, not the oid?

fyi, i use borland cppbuilder to develop my application, and odbc for
connecting the client and the database server, and the 'bytea' type variable
as the type of the image field.

regards,

edward

ps: sorry for my bad english..