Synchronize the dump with a logical slot with --snapshot

From
Durgamahesh Manne
Date:
Hi Team

--snapshot=snapshotname

(Use the specified synchronized snapshot when making a dump of the database

This option is useful when needing to synchronize the dump with a logical replication slot) as per the pgdg

How do we synchronize the dump with a logical replication slot  with --snapshot?

I am using the postgresql 14 version which supports only pg_create_logical_replication_slot. How to generate a snapshot with it ?

Below CREATE_REPLICAION_SLOT not supported by postgresql 14

example osdb_lsr=# CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT lsr_sync_01 LOGICAL pgoutput;
  slot_name  | consistent_point |    snapshot_name    | output_plugin
 lsr_sync_01 | 0/C000110        | 00000003-00000002-1 | pgoutput

Regards,

Durga Mahesh