Postgres - SSL connection using only root CA

From
AjithKumar Kannan
Date:
Hi Team,

Im looking for an option to connect the Postgres DB with only the root CA file instead of all three cert files (rootca, server, and key).

I have tried the SSL mode as verify-ca in hba config and was trying to connect the DB using only ca, but that did not succeed. In Postgres, do we have any option to use only rootca for SSL connections?

Regards,
Ajith

Re: Postgres - SSL connection using only root CA

From
Scott Ribe
Date:
SSL without a key is not a thing.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

> On Sep 18, 2024, at 9:13 AM, AjithKumar Kannan <ajithz2307@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have tried the SSL mode as verify-ca in hba config and was trying to connect the DB using only ca, but that did not
succeed.In Postgres, do we have any option to use only rootca for SSL connections?

Re: Postgres - SSL connection using only root CA

From
AjithKumar Kannan
Date:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. So can we connect using rootca and key?

Regards,
Ajith

On Wed, 18 Sept, 2024, 8:48 pm Scott Ribe, <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
SSL without a key is not a thing.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottribe/

> On Sep 18, 2024, at 9:13 AM, AjithKumar Kannan <ajithz2307@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have tried the SSL mode as verify-ca in hba config and was trying to connect the DB using only ca, but that did not succeed. In Postgres, do we have any option to use only rootca for SSL connections?

Re: Postgres - SSL connection using only root CA

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
On Fri, 2024-09-20 at 16:57 +0530, AjithKumar Kannan wrote:
> Thanks for your response. So can we connect using rootca and key?

No.  You need a certificate and the private key for that certificate.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe