Re: Disallow altering invalidated replication slots

From
shveta malik
Date:
On Tue, Sep 10, 2024 at 12:11 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> Hi,
>
> ALTER_REPLICATION_SLOT on invalidated replication slots is unnecessary
> as there is no way to get the invalidated (logical) slot to work.
> Please find the patch to add an error in such cases. Relevant
> discussion is at [1].
>
> Thoughts?

+1 on the idea.

+ errmsg("cannot alter replication slot \"%s\"", name),
+ errdetail("This replication slot was invalidated due to \"%s\".",

Maybe we shall have: "This slot has been invalidated due to ..."
This is similar to all other occurrences where such errors are raised,
see logical.c for instance.

thanks
Shveta