Regarding canditate_restart_lsn in logical decoding.

From
reddy manjunath
Date:
Hi,
I have created my own output plugin for logical decoding.
I am storing decoded data in Apache kafka via pg_recvlogical utility.
Using pg_recvlogical I am updating confirmed_flush_lsn of slot based on the value that I'm storing in kafka,this is done for every 10 secs.

In case of walsender shutdown I found that canditate_restart_lsn is not cleared from shared memory.I also found just after restarting sometimes canditate_restart_lsn is far more greater than actual restart_lsn of slot,due to this frequent checkpoints are deleting the required WAL files.

Can I clear the canditate_restart_lsn  in plugin_start callback.Is there any consequences for this?

Thanks and Regards,
G R MANJUNATH.