Remove TRACE_SORT macro?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
I think we could remove the TRACE_SORT macro.

The TRACE_SORT macro has guarded the availability of the trace_sort GUC
setting.  But it has been enabled by default ever since it was
introduced in PostgreSQL 8.1, and there have been no reports that
someone wanted to disable it.  So I think we could just remove the macro
to simplify things.
Attachment

Re: Remove TRACE_SORT macro?

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 07/08/2024 09:56, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think we could remove the TRACE_SORT macro.
>
> The TRACE_SORT macro has guarded the availability of the trace_sort GUC
> setting.  But it has been enabled by default ever since it was
> introduced in PostgreSQL 8.1, and there have been no reports that
> someone wanted to disable it.  So I think we could just remove the macro
> to simplify things.

+1, I don't see why anyone would want to build without TRACE_SORT.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Re: Remove TRACE_SORT macro?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 07.08.24 09:24, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 07/08/2024 09:56, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think we could remove the TRACE_SORT macro.
>>
>> The TRACE_SORT macro has guarded the availability of the trace_sort GUC
>> setting.  But it has been enabled by default ever since it was
>> introduced in PostgreSQL 8.1, and there have been no reports that
>> someone wanted to disable it.  So I think we could just remove the
>> macro to simplify things.
>
> +1, I don't see why anyone would want to build without TRACE_SORT.

committed