Semantic cache capability for Postgresql db

From
pradeep t
Date:
Hi,

Shall I use the Postgresql database for a semantic cache like the Redis semantic cache?
Are we currently supporting such usage?

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

Re: Semantic cache capability for Postgresql db

From
Kashif Zeeshan
Date:
Hi Pradeep

pgprewarm Extension is available for Postgres

Shall I use the Postgresql database for a semantic cache like the Redis semantic cache?
Are we currently supporting such usage?

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

Re: Semantic cache capability for Postgresql db

From
pradeep t
Date:
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Also is there any python client for the connection to pgprewarm?
Is the existing Postgresql python client will support the pgprewarm cache usage also?

pgprewarm Extension is available for Postgres

Shall I use the Postgresql database for a semantic cache like the Redis semantic cache?
Are we currently supporting such usage?

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

Re: Semantic cache capability for Postgresql db

From
Ron Johnson
Date:
What does "python client will support the pgprewarm cache usage" mean?

Read the pgprewarm docs.

Also is there any python client for the connection to pgprewarm?
Is the existing Postgresql python client will support the pgprewarm cache usage also?

pgprewarm Extension is available for Postgres

Shall I use the Postgresql database for a semantic cache like the Redis semantic cache?
Are we currently supporting such usage?

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

--
Thanks and regards
Pradeep.T

Re: Semantic cache capability for Postgresql db

From
Christophe Pettus

> On Jul 12, 2024, at 06:18, pradeep t <pradeeprajkvr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shall I use the Postgresql database for a semantic cache like the Redis semantic cache?

If you mean this feature:

    https://redis.io/docs/latest/integrate/redisvl/user-guide/semantic-caching/

... there is no direct equivalent in PostgreSQL.  This is something you'd have to implement on top of PostgreSQL's
existingextensions, such as pgvector:

    https://github.com/pgvector/pgvector