Oracle to Postgres

From
Sam Stearns
Date:
Howdy,

We have a project to migrate our Oracle databases that are hosted on an Oracle Database Appliance to Postgres hosted on a Linux VM.  Questions:

  1. Is there a tool out there that we can use to analyze resource sizing on the Appliance that will give resource sizing recommendations for the VM?
  2. Is there a schema conversion tool or similar out there that we can use to convert Oracle ==> Postgres?
Thanks,

Sam

--

Samuel Stearns
Lead Database Administrator

DAT

Re: Oracle to Postgres

From
Keith Christian

Sam,
I see lots of good info when Googling "oracle to postgres migrationn" in particular, there exists a tool, Ora2Pg.

---- Keith

We have a project to migrate our Oracle databases that are hosted on an Oracle Database Appliance to Postgres hosted on a Linux VM.  Questions:

  1. Is there a tool out there that we can use to analyze resource sizing on the Appliance that will give resource sizing recommendations for the VM?
  2. Is there a schema conversion tool or similar out there that we can use to convert Oracle ==> Postgres?
Thanks,

Sam

--

Samuel Stearns
Lead Database Administrator
c: 971 762 6879 | o: 503 672 5115 | DAT.com

DAT

Re: Oracle to Postgres

From
Ron Johnson